Hilton’s Commitment To You, Our Guests, As We Navigate Through Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We will continue to update this page as with the latest information regarding booking flexibility, Hilton Honors membership Points and Status, supporting our communities and workforce, and travel safety.
Supporting our Communities – Updated as of April 6, 2020
We are proud to be working with American Express and the Hilton ownership community to donate up to 1 million rooms to medical professionals in the US and supporting the many communities impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) around the world.
- 1 Million Rooms. In partnership with American Express, we will donate up to 1 million hotel room nights across the United States to frontline medical professionals leading the fight against COVID-19. Starting April 13th, rooms will be available free of charge to doctors, nurses, EMTs and other frontline medical staff who need a place to sleep, recharge or isolate from their families through the end of May. For more information read our full press release here.
- Medical Professional Association Partners. Hilton is initially working with 10 associations to provide access to our room donation program, including the American Nurses Association, the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, and the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians. These initial associations collectively represent more than 1 million healthcare workers and we look forward to adding more in the coming weeks.
- Financial Assistance. Our Hilton Effect Foundation has pledged financial assistance to organizations to help those impacted by COVID-19.
- Donating. We have made it possible for you to donate Hilton Honors Points to our partner organizations responding to COVID-19. All Points donations will be converted into cash and sent directly to the organization. You also have the option of donating cash directly to World Central Kitchen, Project Hope and Direct Relief.
Your Travel Flexibility – Updated as of March 25, 2020
We have made additional adjustments to our modification and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility while travel remains restricted in many parts of the world.
- Existing Reservations. All individual reservations—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are scheduled for arrival on or before June 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
- New Reservations. Any individual reservations you make—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are booked between today and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
If you cancel a rate which required an advanced payment or deposit, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Due to the influx of cancellations, it may take up to 30 days to complete your request. If you need to adjust reservations made via the Hilton website, app or call center, you can change your reservation here or contact the Hilton Guest Assistance team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.
Your Hilton Honors Points and Status – Updated as of March 25, 2020
We know that earning and using points is not possible for many of you right now, so we are making a number of adjustments to help you maintain your status and points across the remainder of 2020.
- 2019 Status Extension. All members whose 2019 status was scheduled to be downgraded on March 31, 2020—whether it’s Diamond, Gold or Silver—will automatically receive an extension through March 31, 2021.
- 2020 Status Extension. We are extending your 2020 member status through March 31, 2022. This means you will continue to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months.
- Points Extension. We will pause the expiration of all Points scheduled to expire between now and December 31, 2020.
- Weekend Night Rewards Earned on Eligible Hilton Credit Cards. We have extended the expiration date of all unexpired Weekend Night Rewards as of March 11, 2020, and all new ones issued until August 30, 2020, through the end of next summer (August 31, 2021).
Hilton Honors Experiences
We are monitoring all active Experiences to ensure the safety of our members and provide maximum flexibility. For more information as it relates to event cancellations and Point refunds, please visit our FAQs page.
Supporting our Communities – Updated as of March 25, 2020
We are proud to support the many communities impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) around the world.
- Health Care and First Responders. We are partnering with federal, state and local governments to provide housing for first responders and health care workers.
- Financial Assistance. Our Hilton Effect Foundation has pledged financial assistance to organizations helping those impacted by COVID-19.
- Donating Hilton Honors Points. We have made it possible for our members to donate Hilton Honors Points to World Central Kitchen, Clean the World, Project Hope or Direct Relief. All Points donations will be converted into cash and sent directly to the organization.
Hilton Workforce Resource Center – Updated as of March 23, 2020
Hilton is partnering with leading companies to connect Team Members from temporarily suspended hotels with hundreds of thousands of short-term jobs created by the global pandemic. Hilton Team Members, and others in the industry seeking employment, have been given direct access and in some cases expedited access to temporary jobs on the Hilton Workforce Resource Center at companies such as Albertsons, Amazon, CVS, Lidl, Sunrise Senior Living and Walgreens. Hilton hopes to expand the program globally and plans to welcome these Team Members back when travel resumes. Team Member applicants are encouraged to visit: https://teammembers.hilton.com/covid19
Health and Hygiene – Updated as of March 12, 2020
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
We have activated our regional and global response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels and are prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus at one of our properties.